Who are they?¬†
The student Services team are a support and intervention team who are skilled in offering staff, students and parents the support they may need to succeed in school.¬†
We aim to:¬†
- Respond to any immediate¬†concerns parents and carers may have.
- Liaise with year staff and teachers as necessary.¬†
- Follow up any concerns and keep parents/carers informed of progress.
- Track and monitor attendance & punctuality.
- Work with parents to help them support their children
- Provide bespoke interventions to support students in behaviour, well-being and health.
- Work with staff to safeguard and support students.
- Work closely with outside agencies to provide support 'beyond our walls'.¬†
How does Student Services work?¬†
The team is made up of:¬†
- Miss S Cooper (SLPP Pastoral)¬†
- Mr G Bateman (SLPP Pastoral)¬†
- Mrs A Chandler (Student¬†Support Officer and Inclusion)¬†
- Mrs B Cooper (Student Support Officer)¬†
- Ms L Duck (Mental Health First Aider)¬†
They deal with enquiries and act as a liaison¬†between the Director of Progress and Achievement¬†(DOPA), tutors and staff e.g friendship issue, Mental Health & Well-being, bullying, truancy concerns and detention matters.¬†¬†
Incidents will always involve¬†the DOPA.¬† This service is to support their work and offer a first point of contact prior to their involvement.¬†¬†
Parents can ring directly through to Students Services on 01489 779494 if they have pastoral concerns.¬† These may include bullying, attendance, emotional upset etc.¬† The DOPA still has overall responsibility.¬†¬†
Student Mental Health Menu