Who are they?Â
The student Services team are a support and intervention team who are skilled in offering staff, students and parents the support they may need to succeed in school.Â
We aim to:Â
- Respond to any immediateÂ concerns parents and carers may have.
- Liaise with year staff and teachers as necessary.Â
- Follow up any concerns and keep parents/carers informed of progress.
- Track and monitor attendance & punctuality.
- Work with parents to help them support their children
- Provide bespoke interventions to support students in behaviour, well-being and health.
- Work with staff to safeguard and support students.
- Work closely with outside agencies to provide support 'beyond our walls'.Â
How does Student Services work?Â
The team is made up of:Â
- Miss S Cooper (SLPP Pastoral)Â
- Mr G Bateman (SLPP Pastoral)Â
- Mrs A Chandler (StudentÂ Support Officer and Inclusion)Â
- Mrs B Cooper (Student Support Officer)Â
- Ms L Duck (Mental Health First Aider)Â
They deal with enquiries and act as a liaisonÂ between the Director of Progress and AchievementÂ (DOPA), tutors and staff e.g friendship issue, Mental Health & Well-being, bullying, truancy concerns and detention matters.Â Â
Incidents will always involveÂ the DOPA.Â This service is to support their work and offer a first point of contact prior to their involvement.Â Â
Parents can ring directly through to Students Services on 01489 779494 if they have pastoral concerns.Â These may include bullying, attendance, emotional upset etc.Â The DOPA still has overall responsibility.Â Â
Student Mental Health Menu