The scheme will be opened to current Year 8 parents on the 4th May 2023 and is open untilÂ Monday 5th of June @ 10pm
Chromebook Portal Click hereÂ
Whether you plan on providing your own Chromebook for the scheme, have placed an order through the portal or do not want to take part, please fill in THIS form.
If you have an issue with the ordering portal, you can request help byÂ clicking here
If after reviewing the information provided here you have additional questions or would like advice on what Chromebook to select for your child, please email: email@example.com or telephone: 0203 393 8735 and one of the scheme advisors will be able to assist you.Â The packages provided on the scheme are fully insured. Details of the insurance are provided on the scheme portal for you to view, print or download any time you wish.Â
At Wildern School we have introduced Chromebooks into KS4 because we:
- Believe that the scheme will enhance teaching and learning.
- Want students to harness technology in order to open up a wealth of opportunities to improve our studentsâ€™ learning experience, whilst better preparing them for a future in a modern world.
- Want to empower students to take control of their learning and to work in a more individual and personalised way.
- Want students to explore and produce work in new and engaging ways embracing creativity both in school and out.
- Seek to equip all our students with the necessary skills and modes of thinking so that they will succeed in a constantly changing society, where high levels of skill in the use of new technologies are the currency for employment.
- Are keen to develop studentâ€™s independent learning skills and support them in finding their preferred learning and revision techniques.
Benefits for the student:
- 8 second boot-uptime means there is no time wasted waiting for the device to start-up.
- All work will be in one place and accessed via their school Google email account.
- It is â€˜theirâ€™ device so it can be used for learning at school and their own personal use at home.
- Automatic updates, meaning there is no need to purchase new software and install on device.
- Can be used for homework.
- Technical support at school through the Genius Bar and the Digital Leaders student team run drop in sessions at lunch times.
Benefits for parents:
- No upfront cost if you chose to lease.
- Scheme runs for the 3 years supporting your child during their GCSE studies.
- Research has shown these devices are very reliable and have good longevity.
- Chromebooks are increasingly being used in further education.
- It will be used as a professional tool at school and for homework, but students can use for their personal use at home.
- Supporting students in developing technological skills for the world of work.
- Choice of outputs meaning that students will still use pen and paper as the Chromebook is not a substitution for writing by hand.
Wildern Chromebook info Booklet