Wildern School is proud to have received the AcSEED Award in recognition of our commitment and ability to support studentsâ€™ emotional well-being. The AcSEED review team were impressed with many aspects of our provision, including:
- Mental health and well-being embedded into new staff induction training programme and staff training sessions on mental health and well-being topics.
- Year 9 Mental health day.
- The Wildern Wellbeing Tree.
- Wildern Wellbeing Week where a programme, developed by the Mind, body and soul focus group, was delivered to the whole school.
- Student Services team includes staff trained as ELSA and bereavement support advisor.
- Counselling service also offered to students from feeder primary schools.
- Comprehensive Peer Mentor Training (Chums).
- Parental access to support programmes such as Talking Teens and The Parenting Puzzle.
- â€˜The Hubâ€™ provision for vulnerable students.