Wellbeing Vision and Mission
Wildern School is committed to promoting and protecting emotional wellbeing and mental health in our whole school community.
We strive to create an environment which has a whole school approach in providing excellent support, understanding and intervention for all individuals in order to maintain their positive wellbeing and mental health. We put Wellbeing at the heart of our school to ensure successful learning and commit our policies reflecting this.
Our vision is for all our students, staff and community to have the support they need to build lifelong coping skills and thrive. We will make this happen by:
- Understanding the different types of emotional and mental health needs across the school and have systems in place to respond appropriately
- Actively promoting students and staff emotional wellbeing and mental health
- Have a positive culture which regards emotional wellbeing and mental health as the responsibility of all
- Increasing opportunities to engage in the evidence based 'five ways to wellbeing' model 1) Connect 2) Be active 3) Take notice 4) Keep learning 5) Give
- Developing the curriculum and teaching, learning and assessment methods to optimise mental health and wellbeing, recognising neurodiversity, while maintaining academic standards